1. You can always tell your name is about to be announced in any social or professional situation by the look of both horror and anxiety the announcer has on their face. (Meanwhile, you are cringing.)
2. And you will interrupt them half-way through in order to save them (and yourself) from utterly demolishing your name.
3. You actually have a running list of all the different ways your name has been pronounced. And how people get to certain pronunciations is actually mind-boggling.
4. You’ve pretty much given up on coffee shops getting your name right. If it sounds like your order is being called, you take that as your cue.
5. Whenever you have to wait at a restaurant, you either give the name of someone in your group or you give a fake name.
6. Whenever you have to do anything official over the…
View original post 358 more words